Tuesday 10 November 2009

Finding Culture

Well, I have decided since I am detoxing, I am going to try and do cultural things, when I first moved to London I was always at different exhibitions, poetry readings and gallerys, however in recent months, I seem to be spending more and more time in bars, clubs and parties rather than learning and seeing new things. So I thought I would make a start today, I got into work early and rather than chatting on msn went and did some research on Eric Gill, not only a man whos art work and type designs are spectacular, but someone who's personality and sexuality I am interested in. He is a man who in many ways I admire. The image he created portraying transexuals is incredible. (If I can figure out how to upload images I will find it and put it on this blog). For his time he certainly was a very controversial man, much to the catholic church's disgust. Anyway I enjoyed my bit of Gill time, and have been able to help a reader out quite a bit this afternoon; who is studying him :-) So thats made me feel happy, its always good when you can gain knowlege then pass it on. I am now browsing the web for exhibitions and things to do in London, I plan on going to the Bridewell theatre, as well as seeing what things are going on along southbank and central London. It feels good to acctually be doing things, its a nice refreshing change.

2 comments:

  1. well done u! i hope u do well on ur detox. i am also going to try to do more cultural stuff over here now that i have more time to discover myself. if i had known about it, we cud've gone on the art bus in dubai. i'll probably check it out this weekend. it's a bus that takes you around to all the best galleries at the moment. such a good idea. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds fantastic! if I come back can we do it?! xx

    ReplyDelete